Wednesday, April 28, 2010

New Drawing Tool Available from Google Docs makes Selling Ultra Easier and More Profitable

  For a long time I have needed a program to help communicate the details of projects for my dealers. But the software that I used to use with Jones Deck Co. (AutoCAD LT, AutoSketch, and AutoCAD) were too expensive, time consuming and just too difficult to use for this purpose. Now Google has come to the rescue.
  Those of you who know me are aware that I am a big fan of Google's products and services. After all, I am the only employee at Ultra that has an email address that doesn't end in @ultraaluminum.com. Mine is UltraAluminum@gmail.com. With this Google address I get Picasa to help me organize and publish and share my photos and videos of fence, gate and rail projects. With Picasa Web Albums I can keep the images organized and archived for me and my dealer network to use to promote more sales. With Google Blogger I am able to write and post this blog that you are reading. With Google Docs I can write, alter, read, store and retrieve documents of all types from anywhere in the World, even on my Mac (that normally doesn't do too well with MicroSoft generated files).






  Plus with Google Sites, you can create your own up-to-date, fresh website. And best of all, it works with Picasa, blogger, Web Albums, YouTube, Google Docs and more...seamlessly. And it is FREE!!

   Now, just this week, Google has announced and release Google Drawings. I will let you see some examples of the first few drawings that I have made to help generate sales and eliminate confusion for my Ultra Dealers. If you are not an Ultra Dealer already, but are thinking about it, you have to ask yourself- "What has my ornamental vendor ever done for me to generate sales and to streamline the efficiency and profitability of selling their products?"



  This was my first drawing for a new prospect in Texas....took all of 10 minute. Cool...Right?






  This drawing took all of 8 minutes. Just imagine how this can increase sales and eliminate confusion for customers, vendors (us) and for your installation crew. And the drawing times will get shorter with practice and the details will get better. You can even upload a photo and then draw over it for real "Live View" with detail overlay as to "what will be built where".

  Great technology out there. And good new is that it is all FREE. Plus if you are an Ultra Dealer or want to become one. we can probably help you all along the way.

3 comments:

Dignified Outside said...

I like it a lot.
10 minutes !!!! Sweet!

Unknown said...

Hi Darrin

I'm on the Google Docs team and think your drawing would make a great template for the Docs template gallery. Would you be interested in adding it (URL below)?

Peter

http://docs.google.com/createtemplate?referringview=public

Darrin Jones said...

Peter Harbison,

I would be honored to add it to the Docs template gallery.

Darrin Jones,
Ultra Aluminum Mfg., Inc.
UltraAluminum@gmail.com

Follow Ultra Easy

Previous Posts

Search This Blog

AddThis

Share |

About Me

My photo
Regional Sales Manager for Ultra Aluminum in the South West Region. Of course I am willing to help Ultra Dealers and customers wherever they are. I grew up in the fence industry, a second generation fence guy. Also during the 90's I ran my own Deck Company.