Monday, March 15, 2010

A Great Sales Story about Revolution Gates

Today I spoke with Gary Westbrook of Turnstyle Enterprises, Inc.
He is their sales rep in the Great State of Texas. Of course most of you know that Turnstyle makes
the motors and control boards for our Revolution Gate System and is there to support us and help in the certification process of our Ultra Dealers. Gary told me some very interesting facts today and I asked his permission to quote him here. Of course he said "Yes" or I wouldn't be reporting this in this blog.

Gary said " That he was in the access control business for over 20 years and was browsing the Web one night when he saw a banner ad for Turnstyle Enterprises."  He told me that "he watched every video they had online that very night (and they have a bunch, here are some links) and decided to order one."

 When he received his first operator he "tore it down to the nuts and bolts, then reassembled it" then he "put it on a steel farm gate at a friend's house and set it to open and close once every thirty minutes and left it that way for two weeks". When he came back after two weeks it was still working like a charm and he decided that these motors had passed his rigorous first and second stage evaluation. He is now selling these operators in Louisiana and Texas, and that original gate is still working.

Another story Gary told me is sure to become that of Sales Legend, at least in the Fence and Access Control Industry. Just remember that you heard it here first:

  Gary had a set of gates set-up with the operator motors on a portable display unit mounted to a Reese Hitch on his truck. (side note I came up with the same idea independently, but found out later that he had already done it.)  He was cruising down the Interstate at 75 MPH when a guy cruising pulled along side and asked him how the gate opens...not skipping a beat or taking his vehicle off cruise control, Gary opened and closed the gate !!! The guy pulled back alongside Gary (again at 75 MPH) and said he was running late for an appointment and shouted out his name and telephone number. A few weeks later, Gary had sold this guy two gate operators. The customer said "If those operators can work at 75 mph, then they will definitely work for me".

  I know that is an amazing story, but we are talking about an amazing product here. I will ask Gary to send me a picture of his truck with the operator on it, maybe even a short video. When I get it I will post it here by this amazing story.....

Until Later...keep checking back and follow the amazing innovation that is going on at Ultra and keep on selling !!!

No comments:

Follow Ultra Easy

Previous Posts

Search This Blog

AddThis

Share |

About Me

My photo
Regional Sales Manager for Ultra Aluminum in the South West Region. Of course I am willing to help Ultra Dealers and customers wherever they are. I grew up in the fence industry, a second generation fence guy. Also during the 90's I ran my own Deck Company.